Public use charging stations are being installed everywhere in the United States. As people become more energy and cost conscious, employers are accommodating and encouraging employee efforts as part of their company’s energy initiatives.
Vehicle charging stations are an ideal and effective solution for industrial plants, municipalities, hotels, airports and malls to initiate—and are becoming increasingly more popular. A survey conducted by the United States Department of Energy stated that workers are 20 times more likely to buy a plug in car if their employer offers at work charging.
To evaluate your facility’s need for electrical vehicle charging, consider the questions below.
- How many staff are at your facility?
- How many of them might be interested in energy and/or environmental conservation?
- How many staff currently own electric or hybrid vehicles?
- How strong is your company’s stand on green solutions and energy savings?
- Is keeping up with the times and technology important to your facility?
- Is there space to accommodate it in the parking lot or other accessible spots?
Up to the end of 2014 there were tax breaks available for adding EVCs. Check with your accountant and insurance providers to explore benefits, then be sure to contact an electrician certified to install EV charging stations.